and Terms and Conditions of Use
Collection and Use of Personal Information
When you visit Firelands Scientific's public websites, no personal information—such as your name, date of birth or telephone number —is collected, unless you provide us with that information voluntarily. Firelands Scientific will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of Firelands Scientific and its affiliated companies unless (a) expressly authorized by you, (b) necessary to enable Firelands Scientific contractors or agents to perform certain functions for us, or (c) required or permitted by law. In all cases, we will disclose the information consistent with applicable laws and regulations and we will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose it was provided.
Secure Website Services
When you visit Firelands Scientific public websites, no personal information—such as your name, date of birth or telephone number —is collected, unless you provide us with that information voluntarily. Firelands Scientific will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of Firelands Scientific and its affiliated companies unless (a) expressly authorized by you, (b) necessary to enable Firelands Scientific contractors or agents to perform certain functions for us, or (c) required or permitted by law. In all cases, we will disclose the information consistent with applicable laws and regulations and we will require the recipient to protect the information and use it only for the purpose it was provided.
Internet Protocol Addresses
You should also be aware that when you visit our websites, Firelands Scientific may collect certain information that does not identify you personally, but provides us with "usage data," such as the number of visitors we receive or what pages are visited most often. This data helps us to analyze and improve the usefulness of the information we provide on these websites.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like most commercial website owners, we may also use what is known as "cookie" technology. A "cookie" is an element of data that a website can send to your browser when you link to that website. It is not a computer program and has no ability to read data residing on your computer or instruct it to perform any step or function. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the website is able to recognize repeat users, track usage patterns and better serve you when you return to that site. The cookie does not extract other information about you, such as your name or address. Most browsers provide a simple procedure that will enable you to control whether you want to receive cookies by notifying you when a website is about to deposit a cookie file.
On some pages of the Firelands Scientific website there may also be use of action tags, sometimes referred to as web beacons or 1x1 pixel graphics interchange format ("GIF") images. Such tags are used to monitor and assess the effectiveness of promotions and marketing. These tags work in combination with cookies, but do not collect or contain any personal information.
Collection of Information for Children Under 13
Firelands Scientific does not direct its websites, or knowingly collect any information from any persons under the age of 13.
Firelands Scientific uses reasonable and appropriate security measures to safeguard the information that has been collected from you via the public or Secure Website Services. Among the measures that Firelands Scientific has implemented for its websites are administrative, physical and technical safeguards.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Firelands Scientific continually updates the information provided on its websites in order to keep the information as current and accurate as possible, however, it is possible that the websites may contain inaccuracies, errors or unauthorized modifications by third parties. Firelands Scientific does not make any express or implied warranties as to the accuracy of any information on its websites.
Any links to other non-Firelands Scientific websites are solely for your convenience in obtaining related information. Such inclusion or mention does not constitute or imply a recommendation or endorsement by Firelands Scientific. Firelands Scientific does not control the contents of these websites and does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information.
The information presented on our websites is not intended to constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation in connection with any service. If you are interested in any of Firelands Scientific's services, please contact us for a complete description of the product and its availability.
Changes to Websites
Firelands Scientific may change or update information on its websites at any time. Firelands Scientific is not under any obligation to update information provided on its sites and so the information may be out of date at any given time.
Ownership, License and Restrictions on Use of Materials
This website is owned and operated by Firelands Scientific, all material contained in our websites is protected by law. All copyright, service mark and other proprietary notices must be kept intact.
Limitations of Liability
Not a Substitute for Professional Health Care or Advice
The information contained in this site is general in nature and is intended for educational purposes only. It is not a substitute for the advice of health care professionals. If you have specific health care needs, or for complete health information, please see a doctor or other health care provider.
Except as described otherwise, all materials in the Firelands Scientific sites are made available only to provide information about Firelands Scientific. Firelands Scientific controls and operates this site from its headquarters in Huron, Ohio, USA, and makes no representation that these materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use this site from other locations you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Social Media Terms and Conditions
BY ACCESSING, VIEWING, OR USING ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES OPERATED BY FIRELANDS SCIENTIFIC, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OR ITS AFFILIATES, THE USER INDICATES ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING SOCIAL MEDIA TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREES TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THEM:
1. Firelands Scientific, its subsidiaries, and affiliates (hereinafter “Firelands Scientific") does not validate third party information posted on Firelands Scientific’s pages on social media sites. Any comments, statements, or opinions on those pages are not endorsed by Firelands Scientific, and do not necessarily reflect the views, policies, or procedures of Firelands Scientific. The information, materials and services on Firelands Scientific’s social media pages are provided to the user “as is,” without any express or implied representations or warranties of any kind, including any warranties as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of intellectual property. Firelands Scientific makes no representation or warranties as to any material or information posted on any Firelands Scientific social media pages or that the user’s use of content posted on or material otherwise made available through Firelands Scientific’s social media pages will not infringe the rights of third parties.
2. Users shall not post materials to any of Firelands Scientific’s social media pages that are unlawful, proprietary, fraudulent, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, harassing, or infringing on the rights of any third-party, including intellectual property, privacy/confidentiality, or publicity rights. Firelands Scientific does not permit any of these practices, and reserves the right to immediately remove or edit any content within its sole discretion.
3. By submitting content on or though Firelands Scientific's social media pages the user grants Firelands Scientific an unrestricted, nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such material throughout the world in any media. The user further agrees that Firelands Scientific is free to use any ideas, concepts, and knowledge that the user provides to Firelands Scientific on the social media site. The user also grants Firelands Scientific the right to use the name submitted by the user in connection with such material. Firelands Scientific reserves the right to alter the content on its social media sites at any time, but has no obligation to update any information on its social media sites. Firelands Scientific has no intention of collecting personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
4. The materials posted to Firelands Scientific’s social media pages are not advice. By making the content on Firelands Scientific’s social media pages available to the user, Firelands Scientific is not engaged in rendering any legal, medical, or other professional advice.
5. Users shall not post any personal or private health information, such as policy numbers, claim numbers, phone numbers, personal e-mail addresses, or any unique identifying information on a Firelands Scientific's social media pages. Firelands Scientific reserves the right to remove any social media posts that contain such information.
6. Users shall not post any links or other content that contain viruses or malicious software or otherwise violate any federal or state laws. Users shall not post advertisements or solicitations of business. Any postings of this nature on Firelands Scientific social media pages may be removed.
7. Content on Firelands Scientific’s social media pages (including, without limitation, text, design, graphics, logos, images, videos, as well as the selection and arrangement thereof) posted by Firelands Scientific is the property of and owned by Firelands Scientific, our licensors, or third party content providers, and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other applicable laws. Any other use of content on the site, including, but not limited to, the modification, distribution, transmission, performance, broadcast, publication, uploading, licensing, transfer, or sale of, or the creation of derivative works from, any material or information obtained from the site, or use of the site for purposes competitive to Firelands Scientific, is expressly prohibited.
8. Firelands Scientific’s social media pages may contain links to other web sites, some of which are operated by Firelands Scientific and others which are operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to the user and as an additional avenue of access to the information contained therein. Firelands Scientific has not necessarily reviewed all the information on these other web sites and is not responsible for the content of those or any other sites or any products or services that may be offered through those or any other web sites. Inclusion of links to other sites should not be viewed as an endorsement of the content of linked web sites. Different terms and conditions may apply to the user’s use of any linked web sites.
9. Firelands Scientific reserves the right to block or otherwise prohibit any person from accessing or using Firelands Scientific’s social media pages for any reason whatsoever.
10. Users are ultimately responsible for the content posted on Firelands Scientific’s social media pages, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright of any such material. Firelands Scientific is not liable for any direct, or indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages that may arise from the user’s use of Firelands Scientific’s social media pages. Additionally, the user agrees to defend and indemnify Firelands Scientific and each of our respective officers, agents, directors, shareholders, partners, licensors, service providers, and employees, from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, issued by any third party due to or arising out of your use of Firelands Scientific’s social media pages arising from a breach or alleged breach of these Terms and Conditions by the user (including, without limitation, any breach of the user’s representations and warranties set forth herein).